Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Favorite Hikaru J-Dramas: Chance! (1993)

Chance
[1993]
The story of a washed-up rock superstar attempting as comeback, Chance stars Mikami Hiroshi as egotistical and unwieldy rock musician Yuji, while Nishida Hikaru plays Aoi, the girl forced into the role of his ever-suffering manager and caretaker…and eventually, the only one who truly believes he can really make a comeback!
With wonderful songs by Toshinobu Kubota, this  is one really sweet drama, one I really wish more people had the chance to check out. Chance! was an early show written by the “Queen Of Romance Dramas” Eriko Kitagawa, who would later go on to pen both “Long Vacation And Aishiteiru To Ittekure”!
I remember I had tried to get my friend Golden to watch Hikaru's previous drama "Ue O Muite Aruko" but he stopped watching it 'cause he said his Mom though it was too wacky. I then gave him this drama, saying it was a more serious drama and very, very good, but he refused to watch it, D'oh!
Well, it's his loss. Chance is such a great little drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment