Monday, February 17, 2025

Hikaru Nishida in Los Angeles Disc Acquired!

 Ahhhh, I managed to get ahold on yet another missing piece in my humble Hikaru Nishida collection when I saw Hikaru’s HIKARU NISHIDA IN LOS ANGELES laserdisc up for sale at Suruguya! As some of you know, this is a video that I’ve been wanting to get for some time now (as documented in this blogpost)- and now I’ve finally GOT IT!
Not a real Concert or Video Collection per se, this is one of those videos where it’s more a documentary-style shot video, with Hikaru’s music playing in the background. I suppose you COULD call them “Music Videos” (and in fact, one of the tracks, the opening “Oh My God Da Ne” video of Hikaru just driving around LA in a convertible, WAS included in her official PV collection), but they’re certainly not “official” versions, that’s for sure!
Still FUN to travel along with Hkaru as she shows you the sights and sounds of LA. The clips are intercut with Hikaru giving information of famous places to visit in LA, and you have to wonder how much of this information from 1991 could be relevant in this day and age! But I bet it would be a great time machine for someone who lived in LA at the time, just to see how things were back then!
Little by Little I'm slowly completing my Nishida Hikaru Collection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment