Thursday, February 10, 2011

Favorite Hikaru Songs: “Til The End Of Time”

 
“Til The End of Time” is the sweet and melancholy final track off of Hikaru’s “19 Dreams”,  an awesome closing song to an altogether stellar album! Already in a sombre mood from songs like “Meguriai” and “Tomodachi Ni Naritai”, Til The End Of Time really hits it home with the feels.
Hikaru herself penned the lyrics to the song, and while they are very basic and straightforward, there is real sincerity in her singing, and she is accompanied by a wonderful backing track, starting off with strumming guitars and building up to a swelling violin as she sings “The secrets taht we share…I Promise You” before dropping off to a gentle”…til the end…of time.”
And adding to the grandeur of this closing track, they have this nice little instrumental refrain of the song with some nice “power ballad” guitars, bringing the album to its final note!
I always thought it was nice that Hikaru had written the lyrics to the song, however I was to find it not so appealing to others when I made a mix of some Hikaru songs for a friend.He listened to it once and when I asked him how he liked it, he responded with a smirk, “You know that song…”Til the End of Time? Bet she wrote those lyrics herself!” Well, it was true and said so. “That’s what I figured!” he said, calling out it’s “amateur” prose, OUCH!
That’s always the risk when you are sharing something you love with someone. Part of you hopes they will see what makes the thing special like you do, but  at the same time, you leave it open for judgement and insulting comments. It’s a real shame too because 19 Dreams is one of my top2 Hikaru Nishida albums and i still consider Til the End of Time a grand closing song. But no matter how many people I meet who love the song, no matter what, It’s that comment by my friend that I think of whenever I play the album. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment